- Parents, grandparents and guardians are always welcome at DeMello School and are encouraged to volunteer. There is no better way to learn about your school and to help your school than to share your time and talent with us. You may choose, for example, to volunteer as a library helper, to assist students with computers, be a member of the PTO board, serve on a PTO committee, chaperone a field trip, share an acitivity with children in a classroom, or help in a classroom. We can always use the extra help, whether it is in the classroom, the library, the copy room or performing tasks for teacher at home.
- Volunteers/visitors must enter through the main entrance of the school and are asked to sign in at the office prior to proceeding to other parts of the building. All visitors will be issued a badge to wear during their stay in the school.
- All volunteers and field trip chaperones must complete a CORI application through the Dartmouth Public School Department every three years. (Cori applications completed through other agencies or organizations are not considered valid.) We advise parents, guardians and grandparents to maintain an approved CORI application, so they are always availble to help in the school or chaperone field trips as CORI applications can often take weeks to be processed.
- Kindly remember that every family is a member of our PTO. There are no membership dues and it is a great way to meet new people as well as to support the school and its activities. Please send a note to your child's teacher or call the office if you wish to volunteer your time.
Dartmouth Public Schools Visitor Guidelines
The Dartmouth Public Schools encourages parents/guardians and community members to become actively involved in our students education. At the same time, the Dartmouth Public Schools has a responsibility to ensure the safety and welfare of students and staff, and to avoid unnecessary disruption to the educational process. The following guidelines apply to all visitors to a school:
- If planning a visit, call the office and pre-register for an appointment whenever possible.
- All visitors must enter through the main entrance of the school to register before proceeding to any part of the building.
- At registration all visitors must sign in and provide government issued photo identification if requested.
- A visitor badge will be issued which must be displayed at all times during the visit.
- Visitors must remain in the area designated for their visit, and act in a manner appropriate to the safe functioning of the school environment.
- Upon conclusion of the visit, visitor must sign out and return visitor badge.