- Our school doors are secured and monitored by staff members. Please push the buzzer button to gain access during school hours. We also have video cameras monitoring inside the school, the school grounds and parking lots.
- Volenteers/visitors must log in and wear badges to evidence their authorized presence in the school.
- Parents/guardians are to drop off class treats, projects, and forgotten materials to the office. Your child will be called to the office or a staff member will bring the item(s) to your child.
- Another focus throughout the state has been an emphasis on reducing violence in public schools. In this connection, children must be careful about what they bring to school. Even seemingly innocuous items such as eating utensils or toy weapons will be considered a “weapon” and result in a school suspension. Please check your child’s pockets and book bags for inadvertent, yet potentially dangerous items.
Dartmouth Public Schools Visitor Guidelines
The Dartmouth Public Schools encourages parents/guardians and community members to become actively involved in our students education. At the same time, the Dartmouth Public Schools has a responsibility to ensure the safety and welfare of students and staff, and to avoid unnecessary disruption to the educational process. The following guidelines apply to all visitors to a school:
- If planning a visit, call the office and pre-register for an appointment whenever possible.
- All visitors must enter through the main entrance of the school to register before proceeding to any part of the building.
- At registration all visitors must sign in and provide government issued photo identification if requested.
- A visitor badge will be issued which must be displayed at all times during the visit.
- Visitors must remain in the area designated for their visit, and act in a manner appropriate to the safe functioning of the school environment.
- Upon conclusion of the visit, visitor must sign out and return visitor badge.